Picture a Bay Area free of fossil fuel infrastructure —no refineries, drilling, or tankers. Join the Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force to find out why that’s so crucial, and what we need to do to make it happen.
This is part of the second series of virtual summits hosted by the Climate Emergency Mobilization Task Force, to be held on the third Friday of each month.
The Fossil Fuel Free Bay Area summit will include presentations and discussion of strategies to:
- Reduce particulate matter (PM2.5) emissions
- Stop pollution in low income neighborhoods
- Create risk bonds to cover spills, explosions and other disasters as well as financial meltdowns in the fossil fuel industry.
- Plan to decommission refineries and other fossil fuel infrastructure
- Are biofuels really a transition strategy?
NOTE: The Summit has been RESCHEDULED to Friday, July 30, 9 AM – noon