We are fast moving into the UN Climate Conference COP 26, where the implementation of the Paris Agreement will be negotiated. At Glasgow, participating climate justice advocacy groups and social movements will have to overcome a complex array of corporate climate schemes. Their challenge will be to push lawmakers away from these false solutions and towards a Just Transition framework for tackling the climate crisis.
A number of neoliberal policy agendas and unproven, corporate technofixes — from Net Zero Emissions and Carbon Capture to Nature-based Solutions — continue to subsidize the expansion of fossil fuel industries, while further impacting communities on the frontlines of climate chaos.
Join an international panel of climate justice organizers and frontline community leaders in a discussion about the multi-billion dollar climate investments promoted by the fossil fuel industries and disaster capitalists. This panel builds on the momentum created by the most recent edition of Hoodwinked in the Houthouse (Third edition), co-created by the coalition of organizations constituting the ClimateFalseSolutions.org collective, listed below.
The speakers are:
RSVP here for the zoom link.
Tuesday, September 21, 2:00 – 4:00 PST
From your digital device.
- Energy Justice Network
- Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives
- ETC Group
- Global Justice Ecology Project
- Indigenous Climate Action
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Just Transition Alliance
- La Via Campesina
- Movement Generation Justice and Ecology Project
- Mt. Diablo Rising Tide
- Mutual Aid Disaster Relief
- North American Megadam Resistance Alliance
- Nuclear Information and Resource Service
- Rising Tide North America
- Shaping Change Collaborative