The NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program has partnered with the Indigenous Environmental Network on an important new climate justice primer: Nuts, Bolts and Pitfalls of Carbon Pricing: An Equity-Based Primer on Paying to Pollute.
Read the report to learn about:
- Racial justice implications of carbon pricing
- Four key reasons that carbon pricing and trading schemes are false solutions
- Debunking three “equity” arguments for carbon pricing
- What to do if carbon pricing legislation is moving forward in spite of our best efforts to advance real solutions–how to insert harm reduction measures
- 18 domestic policy recommendations for the United States to legislate climate justice