Please join a community meeting to discuss recent developments in the No Coal in Oakland campaign. We will report on what we know about the judge’s ruling regarding the federal lawsuit to overthrow Oakland’s ban on coal, and we may have a response from the Bank of Montreal to our letter urging them to stop raising funds for a coal terminal in Oakland.
We will gather at West Side Missionary Baptist Church, 732 Willow Street in West Oakland.
- 6:00-6:30 Mingle and eat together. NCIO will provide food, but additional contributions are welcome.
- 6:30 Meeting starts with Implications of the judge’s decision and possible next steps.
- 7:00 Learn about our newly launched campaign to pressure the Bank of Montreal to end its plans to finance an Oakland coal terminal with pension fund investments. See https://nocoalinoakland.info/no-coal-in-oakland-launches-campaign-targeting-bank/ for more information.
- 7:30 Brief update about the pledge campaign asking candidates and officeholders to pledge not to accept donations from Phil Tagami.
- 7:45 General feedback and discussion
- 8:00 Adjourn
Thursday, April 19, 6 – 8 PM
West Side Missionary Baptist Church
732 Willow Street, West Oakland.