Come learn about the many environmental concerns in Contra Costa County at the next monthly meeting of the San Ramon Valley Democratic Club. Dinner proceeds a lively panel discussion featuring local activists who will address a range of urgent issues, including:
- Phillips 66’s proposal to increase tar sands refining at its Rodeo facility
- Coal and pet coke export from Richmond and what’s being done about it
- Contra Costa County Climate Action and General Plan revisions—can they address the climate emergency?
- PG&E—what’s next?
- Shoshana Wechsler – Sunflower Alliance
- Lynda Deschambault – Contra Costa County Climate Leaders
- Janet Johnson – No Coal in Richmond / Sunflower Alliance
- David McCoard – Energy-Climate Committee, SF Bay Chapter, Sierra Club
- Legislative Aide from Assemblymember Bauer-Kahan’s office
For speaker bios and more information about the program, please see the SRVDC website.
The event is $28 for members; $33 for nonmembers. To make a reservation, please RSVP to email@example.com.
To make certain you have a dinner, send a check payable to Brodie Hilp, 130 Bridgeside Circle, Danville, CA 94506. If you’d like to become a member to pay the lower dinner price and support or get involved in SRVDC’s work, please visit their website.
Thursday, July 25, 6:00 Networking; 6:30 Dinner, 7:00 Program
Crow Canyon Country Club
711 Silver Lake Drive