California Labor for Climate Jobs (CLCJ), a coalition of California unions, has just released its state policy platform, the California Worker Climate Bill of Rights, calling on the state to support a “worker-led transition to a just and climate-safe economy.”
The bill of rights calls for:
* Protections from climate hazards
* Safety nets for impacted workers and communities
* Good jobs in the low-carbon economy
* A strong public sector — adaptive services for all.
Their vision also includes:
* Universal health care/the caring economy
* Reliable and accessible public transportation
* Expanded public education and job training.
CLCJ Coalition Member Unions are:
Stay tuned for how you can support workers’ leadership toward a just, green economy.